The RCMP has accredited Commissionaires Victoria to conduct fingerprinting for submission to the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) in support of criminal record checks.
Who needs fingerprints?
Anyone who requires a background criminal records check for immigration, citizenship, permanent residence, pardons, international adoptions, employment, foreign travel permits, visas or volunteer work. Fingerprints are the most common, most reliable and easiest way to identify an individual because no two fingerprints are alike. That's why they are often part of the process when you are applying for any number of official documents.
- wish to immigrate to Canada;
- want to obtain Canadian citizenship. If you are applying for Canadian citizenship you may be required to provide a police clearance usually with fingerprints;
- are applying for permanent residence in Canada. You may be required to provide proof of non-criminality with the submission of fingerprints;
- need a passport, work permit or US waiver. People who need a 192 waiver to travel to the United States will require fingerprints;
- are travelling to a foreign land. While some countries accept police clearance done with only your name and birth date, others require that the process be done through fingerprinting;
- require a criminal record pardon. If you are seeking a pardon for a past criminal offence or if you simply wish to verify whether or not you have a record, you are required to submit fingerprints as part of your application (Commissionaires across Canada have been approved by Pardons Canada as an agent for fingerprinting services); or
- are pursuing international adoption. If you wish to adopt a child from a foreign country you must provide proof of non-criminality through a police check with fingerprints prior to completing the adoption proceedings.
- want to change your name. Persons 18 years of age and over who wish to change their name will be required to have their fingerprints taken.
Where to go to Get Your Fingerprints Taken
Location: 928 Cloverdale Avenuue, Victoria, BC
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
(Call ahead for an appointment at 250-727-7755 local 119 or email the Fingerprint Coordinator.)
- Ink & Roll $45.00 including GST
- Digital Prints $45.00 including GST
- Depending on the reason for obtaining the fingerprints there may be an additional flat charge of $25.00 payable to the RCMP for processing the prints and sending the results. The operator will explain whether this applies.
Method of Payment: Cash, VISA, Mastercard or Bank card.
What to Bring: Two pieces of identification. One must be government issued with both a picture and a specimen signature.